|By Amyuni Tech||
|September 4, 2009 12:30 PM EDT||
With the release of Acrobat 6 (PDF 1.5), Adobe introduced the concept of the layered PDF. A layered PDF contains optional content that can be displayed or hidden by its reader. A layered PDF is a document that was originally generated by software with layer-generating capabilities. For example, AutoCAD, CorelDraw, Adobe’s In Design, Photoshop, and Microsoft’s Visio are all capable of producing layered documents or files.
Users who work with such software, can separate content into layers during page composition, save their file into PDF, and retain their separated content. A layered PDF viewer such as Amyuni’s PDF Creator then detects the document’s optional content and displays it according to its visibility settings. The primary benefit of a layered PDF is its ability to contain different types of content within a single document. For example, a single software brochure can contain multiple languages (where each layer is a separate language) that can be set to reflect a specific linguistic market.
The layered PDF has been extensively used by government immigration, education, and foreign relations departments. In addition, optional content is also used in the following fields and industries:
- Engineering firms.
- Architectural firms.
- Cartography, geology, and geography departments.
- Legal and judicial departments.
- Software research and development departments.
- Multimedia companies and departments that work with layered artwork.
Since the inception of optional content, Amyuni has initiated significant development efforts to ensure this feature of the PDF Creator:
- Continues to meet and surpass the expectations of the layered PDF market.
- Remains a competitive alternative to other layered PDF viewers.
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Next Programming Models, RIAs and Composite Applications
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- Constructing an Application with Flash Forms from the Ground Up
- Building a Zip Code Proximity Search with ColdFusion
- Personal Branding Checklist
- CFEclipse: The Developer's IDE, Eclipse For ColdFusion
- Has the Technology Bounceback Begun?
- i-Technology Viewpoint: We Need Not More Frameworks, But Better Programmers
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Adobe Flex 2: Advanced DataGrid
- Web Services Using ColdFusion and Apache CXF