|By Jeremy Geelan||
|January 22, 2011 09:00 PM EST||
"We are excited to introduce Aptana’s millions of developers to the mobile innovation wave that we have been riding and supporting as a company over the past two years," said Jeff Haynie (pictured), CEO of Appcelerator, as Appcelerator this week announced its acquisition of Aptana, the leading integrated development environment (IDE) for building web applications.
“We have always focused on enabling the best possible native application experience,” Haynie, continued, adding:
"This announcement furthers that vision by empowering our growing community of developers to build, test, and deploy native, cloud-connected mobile applications faster and with higher quality than ever before."
Appcelerator is considered to lead the industry in cross-platform development, with tens of millions of users using over 10,000 native iOS, Android and desktop applications. In addition, with over 3,000 APIs in its flagship product, Appcelerator Titanium, the company also offers what it believes is the deepest set of capabilities available of any development platform on the market.
As part of the acquisition, the entire Aptana team has joined Appcelerator to continue building out the company’s platform and tools. The Aptana acquisition is aimed at moving Appcelerator to the next level by extending the capabilities of its popular development platform to include world-class development tools that significantly improve developer productivity, integration and cloud connectivity.
"The combination of both companies’ brands, products, and developer bases create a huge opportunity for the next generation of web and mobile apps," commented Douglas Schrier from Rembrandt Venture Partners.
Appcelerator plans to integrate support for its mutual customer base and combined developer community over the coming months.
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Next Programming Models, RIAs and Composite Applications
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- Constructing an Application with Flash Forms from the Ground Up
- Building a Zip Code Proximity Search with ColdFusion
- Personal Branding Checklist
- CFEclipse: The Developer's IDE, Eclipse For ColdFusion
- Has the Technology Bounceback Begun?
- i-Technology Viewpoint: We Need Not More Frameworks, But Better Programmers
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Adobe Flex 2: Advanced DataGrid
- Web Services Using ColdFusion and Apache CXF