|By Maureen O'Gara||
|November 18, 2012 04:00 PM EST||
Dropbox has doubled the size of its user base to 100 million from a year ago. It also says a billion files are saved in Dropbox every 24 hours. It may be close to $500 million in revenues but rival Workshare, which eschews the freemium model, sniffs that paying users are distinctly different than free users - and the latter can actually be detrimental to business users by driving down security standards. Dropbox raised $250 million a year ago at a $4 billion valuation from investors including Index Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Sequoia, Greylock, Benchmark, Accel and others.
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Next Programming Models, RIAs and Composite Applications
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- Constructing an Application with Flash Forms from the Ground Up
- Building a Zip Code Proximity Search with ColdFusion
- Personal Branding Checklist
- CFEclipse: The Developer's IDE, Eclipse For ColdFusion
- Has the Technology Bounceback Begun?
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- i-Technology Viewpoint: We Need Not More Frameworks, But Better Programmers
- Adobe Flex 2: Advanced DataGrid
- Web Services Using ColdFusion and Apache CXF