|By Marketwired .||
|September 5, 2007 02:34 PM EDT||
PHILADELPHIA, PA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 09/05/07 -- A powerful and unique labor relations seminar designed to protect Corporate America from the burgeoning threat of labor's militant new organizing efforts will take place in three cities, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland.
The seminar will be conducted by one of North America's most respected and effective labor relations experts and strategists Stephen J. Cabot, chairman of the Cabot Institute of Labor Relations (www.cabotinstitute.com). Mr. Cabot is the author of numerous best-selling books, including "Everybody Wins!" and "Up From Confrontation." He has been profiled on the front page of The Wall Street Journal and named "the best in the world" by the Toronto Star. He has represented a who's who of Corporate America from Fortune 1000 companies to mid-size entrepreneurial companies.
The seminar is divided into two all-day sessions. The first day deals with non-union issues, such as Big Labor's Agenda for the 21st Century, Union Proofing: Proven Strategies for Maintaining a Union-Free Status, Defusing workplace Issues, and The Evolving Rules of Engagement.
The second day will be devoted to union issues, such as The Collective Bargaining Process, Preserving the Right to Make Entrepreneurial Decisions, Blueprint for Decertification, and What to Do When the Union Wins.
"The unions are on the march," says Mr. Cabot. "They plan a huge push to organize as many companies and workers as they can. They are pressuring Congress to pass union friendly legislation that is designed to help unions sign up new members. If they succeed, many corporations will be operating at a significant disadvantage to their foreign competitors. Now is the time for Corporate America to arm itself with the knowledge and skills that will be needed to stop the unions in their tracks. Our two-day labor relations survival seminar is designed to accomplish just that."
The seminar will be held in Philadelphia on October 31 and November 1; in Pittsburgh on November 7 and 8; and in Cleveland on November 14 and 15.
For further information, please visit www.cabotinstitute.com or phone 800-655-2042.
Add to DiggBookmark with del.icio.usAdd to Newsvine
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Next Programming Models, RIAs and Composite Applications
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- Constructing an Application with Flash Forms from the Ground Up
- Building a Zip Code Proximity Search with ColdFusion
- Personal Branding Checklist
- CFEclipse: The Developer's IDE, Eclipse For ColdFusion
- Has the Technology Bounceback Begun?
- i-Technology Viewpoint: We Need Not More Frameworks, But Better Programmers
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Adobe Flex 2: Advanced DataGrid
- Web Services Using ColdFusion and Apache CXF