|By PR Newswire||
|November 14, 2007 04:00 PM EST||
CLOSTER, N.J. and WORCESTERSHIRE, U.K., Nov. 14 /PRNewswire/ -- Western Financial Group, a leading Canadian Insurance, Financial and Banking Services provider, has decided to replace its current Citrix Presentation Server(TM) environment with PowerTerm(R) WebConnect by Ericom Software, a leading provider of server-based computing and virtualization solutions. As the alternative to Citrix, PowerTerm WebConnect provides centrally managed access to Windows Terminal Servers, virtual desktops and legacy host systems.
With over 80 branch offices, Western Financial Group evaluated and selected Ericom's PowerTerm WebConnect based on its cost-effectiveness, ease- of-use and solid reputation. Beyond providing secure remote access to Western Financial's core Windows Terminal Server-based insurance application, Ericom's solution addresses the organization's wide range of technical and financial needs:
* Enterprise-wide Access: Anywhere, anytime access to business-critical applications enables information sharing among geographically distributed agencies and branch offices. * Enhanced Security: Built-in encryption ensures privacy of corporate and customer information. Additionally, centrally monitored access to applications reduces fraud and security threats. * Centralized Management: Centralized administration console reduces the cost and complexity of locally managing applications and desktops. * IT Optimization: Built-in productivity tools such as Load Balancing, remote user support and Session Reconnect prevent user downtime.
"Citrix provides a hundred different bells and whistles with their product, but we don't need all those features," said Doug Bennett, Western Financial Group's IT Manager, Networking & Technology. "PowerTerm WebConnect definitely hits all the features we need, and more, at a fraction of the cost of Citrix."
"Ericom provides a Server Based Computing solution at a price point that promotes enterprise-wide deployments," said Ilan Paretsky, Ericom's VP of Marketing. "The intuitiveness of Ericom's PowerTerm WebConnect facilitates a simple and quick implementation, with minimal user re-training for a seamless transition."
For more information on PowerTerm WebConnect for Financial Services, please visit: http://www.ericom.com/finance.asp
Ericom Software is a leading provider of Enterprise-Wide Application Access Solutions. Since 1993, Ericom has been helping users access enterprise mission-critical applications running on a broad range of Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Terminal Servers, Virtual Desktops, Blade PCs and legacy hosts. With offices in the United States, United Kingdom, EMEA, India and China, Ericom also has an extensive network of distributors and partners throughout. Our expanding customer base is more than 30 thousand strong, with over 7 million installations. For more information about Ericom and its products, please visit: http://www.ericom.com/.
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Next Programming Models, RIAs and Composite Applications
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- Constructing an Application with Flash Forms from the Ground Up
- Building a Zip Code Proximity Search with ColdFusion
- Personal Branding Checklist
- CFEclipse: The Developer's IDE, Eclipse For ColdFusion
- Has the Technology Bounceback Begun?
- i-Technology Viewpoint: We Need Not More Frameworks, But Better Programmers
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Adobe Flex 2: Advanced DataGrid
- Web Services Using ColdFusion and Apache CXF