|By RIA News Desk||
|April 16, 2009 03:45 PM EDT||
We would like to take this opportunity to thank our readers, authors, and the newly born Ulitzer community for making our March 29, 2009 beta launch an astonishing success!
Ulitzer, the first "new media" platform in history, is on its way to becoming one of the fastest growing professional viral sites on the Internet.
Since Ulitzer's beta launch a few weeks ago, a number of inaccurate and untrue blog posts have also appeared that were picked up from blog sites from wihin Adobe's user community. Some of these stories even accused Ulitzer of "posting stolen articles."
Two weeks after our beta launch, out of roughly 1 million original articles published on the site, not a single story was removed for copyright violation.
This is because either Ulitzer.com owns the articles, including all content that appears at www.sys-con.com, or has the copyrights to each and every story published, or they are registered and syndicated by their authors who keep their own copyrights as it is indicated on all article pages.
Ulitzer.com offers teh archives of all articles owned by www.sys-con.com and published in various print magazines since 1994. Ulitzer authors have the option of turning off their profile pages at anytime as explained in our beta announcement, as some of these stories may be outdated. Ulitzer, Inc. and SYS-CON Media still own full copyrights to these articles as they were indicated in their original print publications that appeared on newsstands.
In summary, there is not a single story that appears on the site without the author's knowledge, and/or signed and faxed copyright agreement!
As of today, out of 6,937 authors, only four asked that their profile pages be turned off for various reasons. They were promptly removed.
We would like to give the opportunity to all respectable media outlets that picked up these smear blog campaign by a handful of Adobe user community members for reasons we can't understand, to publish the truth as explained here while we keep all our legal options open.
Thank you for your enthusiastic participation, support, and for making our Ulitzer launch an unmatched success!
If you are not a Ulitzer author yet, plese click here to get started.
To admire Ulitzer's home page please click here.
The Ulitzer Editorial Team
- Where Are RIA Technologies Headed in 2008?
- The Next Programming Models, RIAs and Composite Applications
- AJAX World RIA Conference & Expo Kicks Off in New York City
- Constructing an Application with Flash Forms from the Ground Up
- Building a Zip Code Proximity Search with ColdFusion
- Personal Branding Checklist
- CFEclipse: The Developer's IDE, Eclipse For ColdFusion
- Has the Technology Bounceback Begun?
- Adobe Flex 2: Advanced DataGrid
- i-Technology Viewpoint: We Need Not More Frameworks, But Better Programmers
- Web Services Using ColdFusion and Apache CXF
- Passing Parameters to Flex That Works